Agency Help

San Franciscans with Afghanistan repatriation or Special Immigrant Visa needs, please call my San Francisco office at (415) 556-4862 to be connected with a caseworker.

San Franciscans with Afghanistan repatriation or Special Immigrant Visa needs, please call my San Francisco office at (415) 556-4862 to be connected with a caseworker.

You can always contact Congresswoman Pelosi's office at (415) 556-4862 for assistance with a federal agency. However, you may be able to resolve concerns on your own with the answers to several of the most frequently asked questions on the following topics:

Caseworkers work to address problems or concerns a resident of the 12th District of California may have with a federal government agency. Examples include problems receiving Social Security benefits, disability, or difficulties with visa applications. Although Members of Congress cannot guarantee a particular outcome, if you live in California's 12th Congressional District, Congresswoman Pelosi's office will work to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem. If you are not sure which congressional district you live in, please visit You can enter your address and zip code to determine your Congressional Representative.

Congresswoman Pelosi's office cannot help you if your problem is not with a federal agency. Due to the Constitutional separation of powers between the three branches of government, judicial matters (matters which involve courts) do not fall under Congresswoman Pelosi's jurisdiction as a U.S. Representative. 

Further, problems which involve California State agencies are not under Congresswoman Pelosi's jurisdiction as a U.S. Representative. State and local issues are handled by your elected state and local representatives. You can find their contact information by visiting or

In order to better serve you, the form below will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail or fax it to 415-861-1670. In order to move forward with this type of work, the form must be signed and completed in order to begin processing your request. Please do not hesitate to contact my office at (415) 556-4862, should this be a time-sensitive matter, or if you have any questions about this process. 

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your home loan number and signature of all borrowers on the property, for foreclosure matters;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

“For federal issues solely dealing with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (permanent residence, citizenship and work authorization, etc), please fill out our USCIS privacy release authorization. For issues dealing with all other federal agencies, please fill out our general privacy release authorization. If you have further questions, please contact Congresswoman Pelosi’s District Office at (415) 556-4862.”

USCIS Privacy Authorization Release Form

Authorization Form

In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, I give Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi authority to act on my behalf.

Your Information

What are these options?
This is to help the constituents that are hard of hearing or use a video phone alert us to that fact so we can use the proper technology when we need to call them. The default option “Voice” is a normal audible telephone.

Nature of Problem

Please sign your full name after printing the form: 

Full Name: ___________________________________________________________________________

Print and Sign This Form

Use the Preview and Print button to produce the document to authorize my office to help you. Then sign it and mail it to the address shown on the document or fax it to 415-861-1670 . Please include any other documents or material that you think would help my office help you.