Pelosi Announces Steering and Policy Committee Co-Chairs, Members
Contact: Nadeam Elshami/Drew Hammill, 202-226-7616
Washington, D.C. – Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi announced today that Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro of Connecticut and Congressman Rob Andrews of New Jersey will serve as the co-chairs of the Democratic Steering and Policy Committee for the 113th Congress.
“The leaders and members of the Steering Committee reflect the diversity, energy, bold ideas, and creative thinking of all House Democrats, and embody our Democratic commitment to create jobs, strengthen the middle class, and grow the economy,” Leader Pelosi said. “With Congresswoman DeLauro and Congressman Andrews at the helm, this committee will play a central role in addressing the challenges facing our families, small businesses, and communities nationwide.”
The announcement of the co-chairs comes on the heels of longtime Chairman George Miller’s decision to step down from his leadership post on the Steering and Policy Committee after a decade of service.
“It has been an honor to serve as co-chair of the Democratic Steering and Policy Committee for the past 10 years under Leader Pelosi’s direction, and before that for Leader Gephardt,” Congressman Miller said. “I thank the Leader for her confidence in me and I look forward to working with Steering and Policy as a member of the committee in the 113th Congress.”
“Congressman Miller has been an extraordinary, dedicated, valued member of our Democratic leadership team, and we will continue to rely on his counsel, energy, and wisdom as we work together to move our country forward in the next Congress,” Leader Pelosi added.
The following will be members of the Steering and Policy Committee for the 113th Congress:
- Co-Chairs: Rosa DeLauro of Connecticut and Robert Andrews of New Jersey
- Vice Chairs: Henry Cuellar of Texas and Allyson Schwartz of Pennsylvania
- Regionally Elected Members: Susan Davis of California, Barbara Lee of California, Betty McCollum of Minnesota, Bobby Rush of Illinois, Peter DeFazio of Oregon, Ruben Hinojosa of Texas, Cedric Richmond of Louisiana, John Barrow of Georgia, John Carney of Delaware, John Yarmuth of Kentucky, Yvette Clark of New York, Niki Tsongas of Massachusetts.
- Appointed Members: Bruce Braley of Iowa, Mike Doyle of Pennsylvania, Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, Keith Ellison of Minnesota, John Larson of Connecticut, Carolyn Maloney of New York, George Miller of California, Gwen Moore of Wisconsin, Jared Polis of Colorado, Jackie Speier of California, Nydia Velazquez of New York, Tim Walz of Minnesota, Frank Pallone of New Jersey, Tim Ryan of Ohio.
The Steering Committee also includes other key members of congressional leadership:
- Caucus Leadership: Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer, Assistant Democratic Leader James Clyburn, Democratic Caucus Chair Xavier Becerra, Democratic Caucus Vice Chair Joseph Crowley, DCCC Chair Steve Israel, Organization, Study and Review Chair Karen Bass, Senior Chief Deputy Whip John Lewis.
- Chief Deputy Whips: Reps. G.K. Butterfield of North Carolina, Diana DeGette of Colorado, Jim Matheson of Utah, Ed Pastor of Arizona, Jan Schakowsky of Illinois, Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida, Peter Welch of Vermont.
- Freshman Representative: Dan Kildee of Michigan.
- Committee Ranking Members: Congresswoman Nita Lowey – Appropriations; Congressman Chris Van Hollen – Budget; Congressman Henry Waxman – Energy and Commerce; Congresswoman Maxine Waters – Financial Services; Congresswoman Louise Slaughter – Rules; Congressman Sander Levin – Ways and Means.