San Franciscans with Afghanistan repatriation or Special Immigrant Visa needs, please call my San Francisco office at (415) 556-4862 to be connected with a caseworker.
Below are initial steps you can take, before calling a caseworker to follow-up on your case.
If you are a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident in need to repatriation form Afghanistan:
- Fill out the Repatriation Assistance Request Form on the US Embassy in Afghanistan website: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=dFDPZv5a0UimkaErISH0S0jG7jCPVrpAs2b5YumFx6FUOUNBS0lPNFk1SjhEQzBRRDlXS0NXNFM1WCQlQCN0PWcu
- Sign-up for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/ to receive latest travel, health, and safety notifications.
- Regularly monitor Travel.State.Gov, US Embassy in Afghanistan website and social media to get the latest updates.
Afghan nationals who are eligible for the Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) program are encouraged to:
- Submit one complete application package to the National Visa Center via email to AfghanSIVapplication@state.gov to facilitate processing in an expeditious manner.
- Refer to Special Immigrant Visas for Afghans - Who Were Employed by/on Behalf of the U.S. Government (state.gov) for more information regarding the SIV process and who to contact with questions.
If you are unsure what options are available to you or your family:
- Review the Department of State’s type of Afghanistan Inquiries: https://www.state.gov/afghanistan-inquiries/.